We have a unique approach to getting you business and it works!
To advertise, contact GEM Media now on 0121 422 2249 or email contact from
Credit is subject to relevant company checks by our Accounts department and arrangements for pre payment will be made accordingly if required. All prices are quoted exclusive of VAT.
Please see our terms and conditions for payment terms and other information below:
Terms and Conditions of Business: Advertising with GEM MEDIA Ltd
The placing of an order, verbally or in writing or email, with Gem Media will be deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Advertiser:
- Your company must provide products or services to the residents and businesses of the area served by our magazines.
- We gratefully acknowledge the support of businesses whose advertisements appear in our magazines, and whilst every care is taken to ensure accuracy, the publishers cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or omission caused by any error in the printing of an advertisement or other information.
- Advertisements are accepted on the understanding that descriptions of goods and services are fair and accurate. The publishers cannot accept responsibility for views expressed by contributors, or for the accuracy of claims made by advertisers.
- Copy for your advertisement should be sent to us before the copy deadline (details of the relevant publication dates are available on request). If you have requested that your advertisement/editorial be written/designed by us, it is your responsibility to ensure that you give us the correct information about your business. We reserve the right to charge for any design work undertaken on your behalf where appropriate and where previously indicated to you. Any cancellations of advertisements must be communicated to us within 7 days of the copy deadline or you may be charged for the space. Cancellations or changes in orders are not accepted after the closing date, and none may be considered executed unless acknowledged in writing by the Gem Media Ltd. Adjustments will be charged for any series discounts that have been offered but no longer appropriate. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to communicate to us any changes to copy or design of their advertisement by the copy deadline. The advertiser must also send all copy and artwork to us by the due date or we will either use any copy of yours that we hold on file or will charge for the blank space.
- We take no responsibility for the content of your advertisement. It is your responsibility to ensure that your advertisement is legal and copyright free. We cannot accept advertisements which you do not have permission to copy, e.g. for a Yellow Pages advertisement. All artwork received from you must be copyright free and is taken as copyright free from any third party. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert.
- If you wish to use an advertisement designed by us in another publication you will be required to seek permission from us for its use. We may charge for this.
- We reserve the right to refuse advertisements, which may be defamatory or offensive or which promote products that may be considered indecent.
- We do not guarantee position in the Magazine either page position or placement on a page.
- We do not offer exclusivity to any business nor do we provide it.
- We can make no guarantees that your advertisement will be successful; therefore we are unable to offer you a refund if you receive no response. The cost of your advertisement covers the cost of printing.
- When you book your advertisement, you are agreeing to pay the current advertisement price by the due date. You will be invoiced when we receive your Booking Confirmation, by phone, email or a signed order form. The due date is as stated on your invoice. Payment will be due within 7 days from the date of the invoice. Advertising prices may change without prior warning. In cases of overdue accounts, we will exercise our statutory rights under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. In this respect, interest at the rate of 2 per cent above base rate per 14 day period will be added, compounded in each 14 day period on any outstanding balance from the date of receipt of payment in full. Also, please be advised that, in accordance with the European Directive 2000/35/EC, a debt recovery fee of £40 will be charged.
- Insufficient funds from direct debits, declined credit cards or returned cheques will incur a £20 administration fee.
- If your invoice is not settled within the agreed terms your advert may be omitted from the publication, but you may still be charged for the advert.
- To qualify for discounts invoices must be settled within the agreed terms. If payment is not made within the agreed terms you may be reinvoiced for the full amount for the adverts already placed.
- If you pay monthly and your payment is late on more than one occasion then you will be required to pay quarterly.
- Our advertising prices quoted to you are exclusive of the current rate of VAT unless expressly indicated otherwise.
- The distribution area may be altered at the publisher's discretion without prior warning.
- If your home and business is outside the delivery catchment area you will receive a copy of a magazine by post at no extra charge.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have read, understood and agreed to the Terms & Conditions of business as set out above.
For artwork sizes and orientation please download the media pack.
Colour images must be in CMYK mode. (please convert spot colours to CMYK equivalents)
Bitmap image resolution should be 300dpi at final size. (higher resolution such as 400dpi is recommended where text is included in the bitmap)
Vector artwork should be retained in vector format where possible. However, please convert text to outlines to avoid font problems with vector graphics.
Data format should be Binary where applicable (not ASCII).
All PDFs must be created using Acrobat Distiller, not from the software used to create the artwork.
Please embed/include all fonts when creating the PDF. Colour mode should be CMYK. Resolution should be 300dpi where bitmap images are included.
Please ensure all elements necessary to print are supplied. (e.g. all linked images are supplied with Quark, Illustrator and Freehand files)
A 15% commission for new business introduced to the publishing house is offered to agents on agreement with the relevant Sales Managers. Please note all rates quoted by sales staff are in a NET format only and will be invoiced as this.